IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Cheshire's Blog: A Lesser Impact

Monday, September 12, 2005

A Lesser Impact

You know, it just occurred to me that September 11th came and went, and I didn’t make even one comment about it. How strange that this horrible incident, which had so much to do with the way I currently view the world in which we live, can simply lose its effect. Waves of despair didn’t flow through my thoughts throughout the day for the first time since 9/11, 2001. I suppose with the recent Katrina events in the south, my mind must have been preoccupied.

Still (even with all the media hype that permeated the websites, television and radio stations, which all do their very best to make damned sure that we will never be able to put the whole thing behind us), I hardly took notice that yesterday marked the four-year anniversary of the single worst tragedy to hit the United States.

Perhaps with everything that has transpired since those assholes decided to take it upon themselves to change world consciousness – the war in Iraq, the probable nuclear threat from Korea, Katrina, etc., etc., etc. – we have (much to the chagrin of the government-controlled media) become desensitized toward the disaster that claimed so many innocent lives … On the other hand, maybe that’s exactly what they want.

I doubt that anyone will ever truly forget 9/11, and I know that I certainly never will. But, the impact will probably fade as we pass through time, and in a way, this saddens me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home