IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Cheshire's Blog: Dark Art at its Finest

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dark Art at its Finest

GWB Lies for the Day

"I am someone who is a uniter, not a divider. I don't believe in group thought, pitting one group of people against another." -- Candidate for President George W. Bush - Nov. 22, 1999 (when he was attempting to justify his candidacy)

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." -- President George W. Bush - Sept. 13, 2001 (when he was attempting to justify his war on terror)

"I don't know where [Osama bin Laden] is and I really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." -- President George W. Bush -March 13, 2003 (when he was attempting to justify the unjust war on Iraq)

"Gosh, I just don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. It's kind of one of those exaggerations." -- President George W. Bush - Oct. 13, 2004 (when he no longer feels the need to justify anything)

-----------------------------------

Dark Art at its Finest

Chris Mars is one of those Where are They Now? situations that makes you wonder why the world hasn’t paid more attention to him. Better known as the former drummer of the famed rock band The Replacements, he now lives in Minnesota and is possibly one of the most poignant social artists in the world.

My wife and I were recently treated to his exihibit, which is currently on display at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts, and I was absolutely awestruck by its relevance in today's politically tumultuous world. Chris Mars' style is very reminiscent of Bosch and WWI artist George Grosz, and his vision could perhaps be compared to a less whimsical Tim Burton. Check out his site to see what I mean.

AG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home