IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Cheshire's Blog: The Grand Canyon Skywalk: nothing good can come from this

Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Grand Canyon Skywalk: nothing good can come from this

Are you kidding me with this?!?

I checked with snopes.com and this is apparently true. The Grand Canyon West resort has plans to open this thing on the Hualapai Indian Reservation as of January 1st, 2006! Call me a chicken-shit if you will, but before you do check out some of these stats:
  • Juts about 70 feet into the canyon, 4000 ft above Colorado River
  • Will accommodate 120 people comfortably (comfortably?)
  • Built with more than a million pounds of steel beams, and includes dampeners that minimize the structure's vibration
  • Designed to hold 72 million pounds, withstand an 8.0 magnitude earthquake 50 miles away, and withstand winds in excess of 100 mph (yeah, until I get on the damned thing and my wife decides to be funny and push me down!)
  • The walkway has a glass bottom and sides ... four inches thick (yeah, they "say" it's four inches thick, but trust me on this: it's built on an Indian reservation, and I happen to know that most of them are still pretty pissed off about the white man making them LIVE on a reservation. Who's going to visit this ridiculous thing? Stupid, thrill-seeking white men, that's who.)
Three words for you: Oh - HELL - no! I've been to the Grand Canyon, and I can tell you exactly what it looks like from a safe distance, without having to stand over it on a sheet of glass with a bunch of grudge-holding Indians laughing at me from the edge.

AG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home