IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Cheshire's Blog: Procrastinaors Unite ... Tomorrow!

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Procrastinaors Unite ... Tomorrow!


When I was a kid, my folks used to tell me to either shit or get off the pot, when I was trying to come to a decision about something. I was so indecisive as a child that I must’ve heard this phrase at least once a day since I was twelve years old. Procrastination has always been my strong suit.

So, it came as no surprise to me recently when, in my mind’s ear, I heard my mother’s voice admonishing me to do one or the other as I was trying to decide what I was going to do about my writing career. With the folding of the River Valley Reader website, where I had a weekly humor column, I felt at land’s end and at a complete loss as to what I was going to do next. My hope was to write for this local online magazine for a while and then use the credibility to springboard into a more widely published newspaper. A pipedream, as it turned out.

In any case, I’ve finally come to a conclusion about my literary circumstance. I’m going to hit every local newspaper in Minnesota and the surrounding areas until something pans out. As the great William Tell once said, eventually something has to hit.

In the meantime, I’ll continue to use this blog for political commentary and perhaps even the occasional humor article. I know that I haven’t been writing here much, but that’s mainly due to the fact that the Bush team hasn’t been impressing me lately. Outside of Bush’s “Plan for Iraq” speech, which was completely filled with useless rhetoric and more promises of dead soldiers, he’s been keeping his head down low enough under the media radar to avoid making other stupid comments. This in itself has me a tad worried. Anytime he does this, you can pretty much guarantee that something dumb is about to come out of his mouth that usually makes the world hate the US even more than they did before.

Until then,
AG

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home